Monday 29 October 2012

Whinge



Heal The Sick, Raise The Dead is currently free on kindle from amazon! Check out your territory's site now!
 
It's been a while since my last blog post, partly due to pressure of work outside of writing (this is still officially a hobby for me unfortunately) and partly because despondency has crept thoughout my brain at the whole process. I won't go into details as it would be whinging of the highest order as I knew that this would be an uphill struggle (taking years) from the start, but I was hoping I'd have a little more to show for my efforts than I do at the moment.
 
I have had a lot of support with my writing from family, friends and readers and I feel I'm letting them down now when I get to the computer to write and the stress of work or family crushes all sense of narrative structure. I end up writing absolute junk just to try and get some words down, trying to force my mind to pull something worthwhile from the mess in my mind, which then makes me more depressed on the read back.
 
Coffee has to go, I know that. I need more sleep too but I've just signed up for NaNoWriMo so that's going to be a tall order.
 
On the plus side I had a delightfully creepy dream the other night that I'm writing into a short story. It's another biscuit jammed into my already crammed barrel of a life but it's at least gettting the mind working again. I'll post it on the blog as soon as it's finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment